WHAT'S NEW IN THE SECOND EDITION?
CenterForLit re-filmed Teaching the Classics in 2016 using high quality video and audio. We also redesigned, revised, and expanded the syllabus notebook. The second edition now includes the following features:
- Eight one-hour DVD sessions featuring 2+ hours of additional content:
- Line-by-line explanations of each question on the Socratic List
- Extended discussions of teaching philosophy and techniques
- Additional tips for teachers on lesson planning and scope & sequence development
- A live “FAQ” discussion addressing common teacher questions
- Live readings of classic stories with first edition illustrations by the original artists
- Music from Mozart’s Piano Concerto in D Minor
- A 120-page syllabus notebook featuring 25 pages of additional content:
- Expanded discussion notes for each DVD session
- A reorganized Socratic List of discussion questions
- A revised bibliography of recommended books for students of all ages
- Expanded lists of literary devices, terms, and definitions
- Links to new supplemental resources designed for the Teaching the Classics method
IMPORTANT NOTE: Teaching the Classics, Second Edition (2017) presents the same tried and true method for reading and discussing literature that has been helping parents and teachers since 2004. Though the presentation has been significantly updated, seminar alumni investigating the new edition will find the essential techniques unchanged.
PELICAN SOCIETY MEMBERS:
Click here to purchase these items in our member area and receive a 10% discount.
Not a member? Join here!
SEMINAR PACKAGE: $99.00
SYLLABUS ONLY: $30.00